After an endless marathon of displays, another Bridal Couture Week of this year came to a close recently, giving us time to take a look back at the shared trends connecting all designer collections. This event is the IT event of the year for many families and young girls every year who are about to either get married or attend a dozen weddings after Eid when wedding season is at peak.
Read on for the most popular trends from the BCW Gold runways, which you should be following for any upcoming weddings this year, especially your own 😉
- Matching Outfits: Most notably, designers gave matching outfits a refreshing spin by combining fabrics while keeping the colour tone exactly the same.
- Monochrome: This season, monochrome was seen on and off in both menswear and bridals.
- Coats with Motifs: Statement coats were everywhere. Almost every designer incorporated playful prints in menswear as a styling challenge.
- Silver: Shiny? Blingy? Whatever you’d like to call it, this colour was the most used by all designers.
- White: If there is a trend to invest in this year, it is the classic white.
- Traditional: In all those contemporary colours, there was no shortage of the traditional red on the ramps, which was especially fitting since some brides prefer old school.
We’re sure you’ll be going to a number of weddings this year once the wedding season commences, if not your own that is ;). Which of these trends will you be following? Comment below!